Concrete Waterproofing Using Liquid Membranes
Liquid Applied membranes are well suited for remedial concrete repairs.
Liquid Rubber provides a robust waterproofing barrier:
dues to these properties: membrane due its water tight integrity, fully bonded adhesiveness and self healing characteristics.
- Robust Adhesion
- Water Tight Integrity
- Self Healing Characteristics
- Seamless - Bridges Cracks, Joins & Seams
- Flexibility - Moves with Substrate
Case Study:Repair & Waterproof Concrete Roof
A concrete slab had been constructed over an underground electronic control room.
Landscaping was then installed over the control room as this is a public access area.
The electronic control room experienced water leaks - the original waterproof membrane, which was placed between concrete slabs, was defective.
The self adhesive sheet membrane demonstrated de lamination at joins and also at turn up sections.
Installing Waterproof Membrane
The area was dug out above the water leak and the original defective membrane exposed.
The damaged membrane was removed and area high-pressure power washed thoroughly to remove loose debris.
Liquid Rubber Waterproofing was spray applied to the clean surface creating an impervious waterproofing membrane.
Consisting of elastomeric polymers with adhesives, Liquid Rubber absorbs movement, has extreme flexibility and conforms and moulds to any shape.
Liquid Rubber - Repairs & Maintenance
- No solvents means no on-site cure failures and no VOC restrictions.
- No solvents means suitable for application in confined spaces.
- Conforms to all surface irregularities, fully bonds to substrate.
- Completely monolithic, no seams !
- Ability to self-heal and bridge cracks in concrete substrate.
- Ideal for dead level installations, no slope required.
- Can be applied to damp surfaces.