Roof Repair Services – Waterproofing
Roof - Remedial Waterproofing
Liquid roof coatings are cold spray-applied membranes which create a single, continuous & seamless waterproof roof coating.
- Liquid membranes are ideal waterproof solution for busy roofs : the coating can be applied up and around all roof parapet walls, including vertical & horizontal roof surfaces and around rooftop decks and plant equipment.
- As these membranes are liquid upon application, Liquid Rubber will conform to any shape roof, flashing, protrusion and seal all roof penetrations.
- A leaking roof which incorporates numerous rooftop services i.e plant decks HVACs etc, require specialised waterproofing systems to make all penetrations permanently water tight.
When incorrect waterproofing products are used on flat roofs, deterioration of the membrane will occur due to "ponding water".
Roof Repairs - Commercial Waterproofing Systems
Building Services Australia (BSA) offer a liquid waterproofing membrane that can be sprayed over the top of an existing roof surface - completely sealing and waterproofing the entire roof without removal.
- rapid installation
- no need to remove existing surfaces
- no interruption to work & living environments
- ideal membrane for challenging existing roofs in bad condition & leaking.
Liquid Rubber is a spray-applied liquid membrane.
This creates a monolithic roof surface - i.e without joins, seams which are areas of weakness for water leaks.
- Unlike other waterproofing products, like torch-on and rolled sheet membranes which have joins and over laps, Liquid Membranes are seamless.
- Over time roof coatings with joins, seams and overlaps can separate as a result of movement - allowing water to move into and track under the membrane.
- The normal cyclic temperature movement of roof expansion & contraction together with ageing and drying out of sheet waterproof coatings can result in crack and splits in the membrane surface.
- Water can travel quite some distance from the point of entry and can often be challenging to find the original source of water leaks.
Fixing Roof Water Leaks
- Roof surfaces are subject to extensive climatic conditions.
- Roof coatings can deteriorate rapidly resulting in extensive damage to surrounding infrastructure & buildings.
- Selecting the correct roof membrane that can withstand these conditions over a long period is critical to achieving a successful roof waterproofing system.
- Roof repairs, restoration & remediation on any type of roof surface can be solved using with spray- applied liquid waterproofing membranes.
Liquid Rubber can overcoat and completely re-waterproof just about any failed and leaking roof.
Waterproofing Flat Roofs
Liquid Rubber Roof Membranes are not a coating, sealant or paint.
- Liquid Rubber is a robust, long-life waterproofing system.
- Liquid Rubber is suitable for all roof surfaces: metal, concrete, timber & asbestos.
- Liquid Membranes are an ideal waterproof coating for flat roofs.
- Flat rooftops are designed with minimal or no falls at all - water will "pond" in some areas.
- Liquid Rubber is designed for flat surfaces & does not need re-coating or re-sealing.
Roof Repairs & Waterproofing Membranes
Very often roof repairs involve dirty surfaces with unknown products applied over many years.
- Detailed and time consuming preparation is critical to ensure a long & permanent life roof membrane coating.
- Our Team always ensures the entire roof surface is clean, allowed to dry and all the plant equipment masked off for protection prior to membrane application.
- We prepare all junctions and joints and utilities by hand using an acrylic sealant preceding spraying of Liquid Applied Membranes.
- All joints, seams, cracks, holes and rough areas were reinforced with Geotextile Bandage.
- Liquid Roof Waterproofing is spray applied in one passing - i.e one coat - creating a flexible & seamless roof coating.
- Roof Coatings are subject to continual expansion and contraction due to normal climatic fluctuations affecting a roof surface.
- Liquid Rubber remains flexible and maintains long term elastomeric properties - unique amongst current waterproofing products.
- This membrane will completely encapsulate an entire roof surface - overcoating existing failed sheet/torch-on waterproofing membranes.
Roof Waterproof Coatings
- Liquid Rubber is spray applied to a rooftop using a purpose built mobile spray outfit.
- This means that multi level rooftops can be easily waterproofed no matter what the access is like.
- Roof area underneath the equipment plant platforms requires specialised attention.
- Liquid Applied Membrane will encapsulate all sections of a flaking, rusting and peeling metal roof.
Roof Waterproofing with Liquid Rubber
Liquid Applied Membranes (LAMs) are recognised as industry leaders for roof waterproofing systems within the industrial & commercial construction sectors.
- No need to replace the roof and/or existing old membrane - Liquid Rubber is spray-applied over all surfaces.
- Liquid Membranes are a viable long-term alternative to removing and replacing the existing roofing material.
- Spray installation does not disrupt workplace below.
- Rapid installation - creating 100% waterproof barrier and outstanding adhesion to existing roof.
- Preserves the life, look & longevity of roofs.
- Liquid coatings are particularly suited to roof repairs as conforms to any shape that it is sprayed.
Benefits Using Liquid Rubber
Liquid Rubber is a waterproof membrane & protective coating.
- For all roof maintenance and repairs.
- Does not crack or dry out with age.
- One coat instant set spray-applied waterproofing system for roofs.
- Rapid & Fast Application - up to 3x faster than other systems.
- Extreme Flexibility - moves with roof surface.
- All types of roof surfaces: concrete, metal, timber & asbestos.
- Commercial, apartments, warehouses, offices and factories.
BSA roof repair projects range in size from minor remedial rectifications and modifications through to major remedial projects involving structural construction.
At Building Services Australia, we are committed to ensuring that quality is managed throughout every aspect of our business. Find out here how we do this.
Building Services Australia
Reputation Is For Providing “Can-Do” Approach To Complex & Challenging Remedial Projects.